Tuesday 3 March 2009

Fire Stations Walk Details Finalised

This was something I had been going to post on Friday but I got caught up with the HSBC Open and never got round to it.

The Sara Killey Memorial Walk (Fire Stations Challenge) has been confirmed for Sunday 26th April with an 8.30am start from Peel Fire Station. All the relevant details including route, entry forms, rules and regs etc were posted online on Friday and can be found at www.iomfire.com/saraswalk2009.htm. The cost is £15 and entries close on Friday 17th April so there is plenty of time to make your mind up.

The route is 30 miles in total and finishes up at Ramsey fire station. It's certainly a lot flatter than the old route - it seems like once you get to Kirk Michael via the coast road, the worst of the climbs will be over. I think this must be the first long-distance road walk of 2009 so I would imagine that there should be a pretty large entry.

The last week or so has once again been quite productive in that football-wise I have trained once and played once, and managed a run on Friday as well. There is another match tomorrow, which I think is the last of the midweek ones that we need to play in order to finally clear the fixture congestion. After that the rest of the week is going to be quite hectic from a work point of view - I can't see myself getting out on Thursday although I would like to. On Friday I am leaving Durham at lunchtime to get the train to Crewe and spend the weekend down in Cheshire, so walking is ruled out. On the plus side I only have two more weekends until I get back for Easter, when training will be back with a vengeance!

No comments: