Thursday 28 May 2009

Preparation time

It's been a good week so far both in terms of work and doing some training. I managed another run at the weekend and then played football for 2 hours on Monday evening. It was the first time I'd played in about 4 weeks and I felt pretty sore afterwards but it was a good session and I was still going at the end so I was happy enough with that.

I'm hoping to get out again this evening to go running again. I had Tuesday off to recover from Monday and yesterday was the Champions League final so I think it would be useful if I can get out tonight. It probably won't be for too long but even just 45 minutes here and there will hopefully be useful, and at least psychologically I feel as if I am doing something productive.

At lunchtime I'm going to Boots to get some surgical spirit. I've decided to try toughening my feet before the Parish in an attempt to help avoid the blisters that I invariably end up getting. I know that there are plenty of other things that can be done but I think this has to be worth a try. The Boots' own stuff isn't very expensive and if I can use it every day for the next 3 weeks then maybe it will make a difference.

As well as that, I'm also going to buy some cheap flip-flops and just use them around the house. Some of my housemates wear them around town all the time (despite the weather) and their feet look horribly hard when they get home. This is exactly what I want though and I will be giving it a try. I've left all this stuff later than I had planned but any preparation is good preparation and who knows, it might just make a difference.

No comments: